Water damage is a devastating event for you as a home owner. The leak could come from a toilet, dishwasher, water line to a refrigerator, roof leak and/or broken pipe in a wall, etc. This can do lots of damage to a house in a very short time frame. EnviroShield has 20 years of experience dealing with all kinds of insurance companies and can help you as a home owner work with your insurance adjuster and take that load off your back. EnviroShield has good relationships with all insurance companies as well as we use the same estimating program they do which helps communication of your project and builds a scope of work.
There are many different phases that we go through in a water damage situation. The first step is we have the opportunity to meet you, the home owner, and help you through the process. The second step is to protect your home from the work that is going to take place. Third step is the dry out process starts which can take from 3 to 10 days or longer depending on how much water leaked into your home and how wet the structure is. The fourth and final step is putting your home back together. Because we are General Contractors we can help you through the whole job. Through the past 20 years, Craig Hawkins has run a fire and water restoration company, a framing company, and a hardwood floor company. This provides a well-rounded approach to your water damage loss.
EnviroShield’s mission statement is “Improving Quality Of Life”. Our value system is Faith, Integrity, Trust, Excellence, and Relationships.
EnviroShield’s Protocal for Water Damage
We follow a strict protocol set forth by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning, Restoration and Certification) S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration. EnviroShield has been working with Insurance Companies for over 20 years completing all aspects of water damage dry outs and restoration. We are unique because we also are a Mold Remediation Company.
Here’s what you can expect when EnviroShield arrives at your home for Water Damage:
- You will meet the supervisor who will be in charge of your job, and he will go over the water damaged areas. Our crew will arrive to set up plastic barriers and mask off the area to protect your home while we do the demolition and dry out process. The initial investigation will determine the classification of water contamination. This establishes how much dehumidification will be needed to dry out your home.
- Once containment barriers are set up we will start removing the wet dry wall and begin to dry inside the walls. If there is damaged carpet, we will pull the pad that is under the carpet, which allows the carpet to dry. We will also move furniture out of the wet areas to insure that all excess moisture inside a wall or under a floor is dried, so no mold problems arise later.
- After all demolition is complete we will check moisture readings again and set up drying equipment. The drying equipment will consist of dehumidification which will pull moisture out of the air, and start drying your home. EnviroShield will also use fans that will help move the air for the dehumidification to work at its best efficiency. Once the drying equipment is in place it will be necessary to keep the equipment on 24 hours a day until the drying process is finished. The EnviroShield Supervisor will be in charge of monitoring the drying process each day until the structure is dried to acceptable levels.
- EnviroShield will document the drying process as well as have a complete photo journal of the “before” and “after” pictures of the job. This is helpful for insurance companies so they can view the damage and the restoration without going onsite.
- Choosing the restoration company is completely decided by the home owner. EnviroShield is licensed with the State of Washington as a General Contractor, specializing in mold remediation and water damage. We can offer a complete, custom-tailored solution to repair and restore your home back to its pre-loss condition.
- EnviroShield’s mission statement is Improving Quality of Life – We’re here to serve you!